There are 2 types of performance upgrade owners can make to a 928:
Higher Specification Official Porsche Parts
This is where certain parts are replaced with Official Porsche parts originally fitted to a later, or more sporting Porsche.
Examples to consider:
- Replace wheels with GTS specification 17" Cup wheel
- Upgrade brakes to GTS specification (requires 17" wheels)
- Upgrade mirrors to GTS specification "tear drop" design (aka Ovoid mirrors)
- Upgrade suspension front springs to SE specification. (One of the best things to do!)
- Upgrade shock absorbers to SE/GT/Club Sport specification
- Upgrade springs to SE/GT/Club Sport specification
- Upgrade Exhaust to Sports or Techquipment specification
Third Party Performance Parts
This is where parts are upgraded to non Porsche parts that are of even higher performance.
Examples to consider
- Rear Muffler Bypass (RMB) - replaces the rear box with a straight pipe for a more sporty sound - Ask Paul Anderson to make you one
- Performance Chips - change the character of the engine for a more sporty performance
- Semi Racing Brake Pads - less dust more stopping power
- Aftermarket wheels and tyres
- Stroker Kit - take the engine out to 6litres! Not for the non mechanically minded.
- Body styling kits - Search for Jaquemond on google